This is a tiny remnant the Old Road to Bloomfield, what was once the only road connecting Newark to towns to the north and west. It began near the intersection of Second and Summer Avenues and ran diagonally across what is now the Forest Hill neighborhood. Across the road is the Sydenham House, an excellent example of Dutch Colonial architecture. It is typical of the small farmhouses once found along the Old Road to Bloomfield. Erected around 1745, it has been continuously occupied as a home ever since it was built.