Named after Rear Admiral Frank Leamy (Class of 1925), superintendent of the Academy from1957-1961, who earned the Distinguished Flying Cross for a daring rescue of a critically injured man from a fishing trawler. Leamy Hall houses the 45-member Coast Guard Band. The band uses its music and nationwide public appearances to entertain and to heighten the awareness of local, national and international audiences about the Coast Guard’s many missions. The building includes a 1,500-seat auditorium where the band performs seasonal concerts, where guest lecturers address the Corps of Cadets and the LDC students, and where Cadets and Academy staff perform the annual cadet musical. There is also a bowling alley, student union area, the Dry Dock snack bar (open to the public), Morale, Welfare and Recreation office, the Chaplain’s office, the Cadet Music Center and a large ballroom where cadet formals are held. The ballroom offers a spectacular view of the lower fields and the Thames River.