As they arrived in West Coast cities, Scandinavian immigrants organized literary and social clubs. Everett’s “Den Norske Forening” first built a meeting hall here in 1904. The prominent, recessed central entry is emphasized by rounded corners and a projecting porch roof. On either side of the entry is a rectangular punched opening filled with glass block.
Originally constructed with a second story which was destroyed by fire in 1969. The front doors were replaced in 1969. It continues to be occupied by the Sons of Norway as Normanna Lodge. The front entry once had a vertical neon sign.