Pioneer Block, 2814-16 Rucker Ave (ca. 1892)
WA State Register of Historic Places
The Pioneer Block has the distinction of being the first brick building erected on the west side of the Everett townsite. It housed the offices of the Everett News and the Daily Independent newspapers, early radio station KFBL and prominent local photographer David B. Ewing. Designed and built by Matthew Zindort in 1892, the building has been partly altered. It still, however, contains much of its original character.